Trichology 101Online class starting January 25, 2016!
Women, men and even children suffer from hair loss and other hair and scalp related disorders. Students that register for this online course, Trichology 101, will be trained to diagnose external follicle alopecia, hair breakage, strand thinning and related scalp disorders. Students will also gain an understanding of scalp disorders and diseases, internal follicle alopecia, hair disorders and diseases, and hair biology.
The second and third courses, taught in a traditional classroom setting, lab setting, and clinical settings are: Trichology Lab and Trichology Clinical.
During Lab: Student will learn how to microscopically analyze the scalp and hair using various levels of magnification. You will be taught how to diagnose hair diseases, offer prognoses and program writing.
During Clinical: Student will work in an actual Trichology clinic; students will receive hands on experience with consulting, program reading, analysis and treatments for various hair disorders and learn how to operate a Trichology clinic.
- This course is for licensed cosmetologists, barbers, registered nurse, as well as professionals in science, hair and medical related fields only.
- For details about the next course, visit the Professionals section.
- For more info, contact World Trichology Institute - email email@example.com.
Part 1 - Online Course - Lisa Akbari Trichology 101 Theory
- All Lectures led by Leading Hair Loss and Scalp Care Expert Trichologist Lisa Akbari
- This is an online course
- 40 hours to complete certification
- Weekly online live lectures
- Receive a certificate from Southwest Tennessee College certifying your completion
- Continuing education credits earned from Southwest Tennessee College
Course Description: Trichology is the science of the structure, function and diseases of the human hair and its connection to the scalp. Thousands of women, men and even children suffer from hair loss and other hair and scalp related disorders. In the practice of trichology, professionals are trained to diagnose and treat these conditions. This online course is designed to train students the proper procedures in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the human hair. Upon completion of the course, students will be trained to diagnose external follicle hair loss on a scalp level, hair breakage, strand thinning as well as related scalp disorders.
Prerequisite: Student must be a licensed cosmetologist or barber, a student in the senior level of a cosmetology or barber course, or in the medical or science fields.
Course Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, students will learn the theory and science behind, external and internal follicle hair loss, and related scalp disorders and diseases.
- Germ cells, skin
- Endocrine system
- Trichology origins—the hair bulb, formation or birth of the hair follicle
- Disease of the scalp
- Parts of the follicle—inner and outer sheath, erector pili
- Hair biology
- Inner portion of hair
- Hair itself—the hair strand, layers of hair, scalp hair, hair shaft, hair ends
- Hair disorders and diseases
- Recognition of types of hair loss, internal and external
Required Textbook(s) and Material: Workbook and one selected textbook.
-For Professionals Only -
-To Register for Part 1 Lisa Akbari’s Trichology 101 -
2. After full payment has been received, your registration will be processed and you will be contacted with further information.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org